10 Ways to Give Back
Written by Adela Skowronski on December 23, 2020
2020 has been one hell of a year for everyone. It’s been exhausting, confusing, and has exposed a lot of things we’ve all known for a long time – most importantly, the need to help out those around us.
Let’s keep the love going throughout the rest of the year. If you’ve got something to give, here are some places you can donate it… and know that your donation will go directly to those who need it most 🙂
- Chicago Spurs 2020 Food Drive
- Greater Chicago Food Depository – locations all across Chicago
- Northern Illinois Food Bank
Clothing / Furniture
- Jewish Federation of Chicago – Coat Drive
- WING’S Program (Domestic Violence Survivors) – Clothing, Furniture Donations
- Especially looking for monetary sponsor
- Child Link – Toy Drive
- Drop off at 955 W. Cermak, Chicago, Illinois 60608.
- You Can Be My Angel – Medical Aid for Sick Children
- Brave Space Alliance (Homeless, emotional well-being ) – Rotating donations, from food to clothing
- Miss Carly’s (Homeless focus) – Accepting donations for food, clothing, coats and medical supplies
- West Side Holiday Drive (hosted by Earth Remedies) – Different themes including toys, resources, food, etc.