Leftover Recipes with Aleksandra August!
Written by Adela Skowronski on November 27, 2020
It’s National Leftover Day here in the US, and if you’re like us, you might be wondering what to do with all of the food left over in your fridge.
Luckily Aleksandra August (Flavor of Poland) is here to help!
Check out a few of her go-to recipes for the day after Thanksgiving below, and our interview with her here if you want to find out more about this awesome actress!
1. Take 1 small onion and a few garlic cloves. Cut them up and saute in a large pan (you’ll be adding a lot of ingredients!)
2. After about 2 min (or when onion and garlic starts to become translucent), add in shredded leftover turkey.
3.Lightly fry to your discretion, then pour over water to barely cover the contents of the pan.
4. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, chop up any leftover vegetables you’d like to add to (carrots, celery, green beans… even brussel sprouts work!)
5. Add chopped vegetables to the meat & onion stew. Stew for 5-7 minutes or until the goulash looks almost done.
6. To make the goulash thicker… take two big ladlefuls of broth from the goulash, add two tablespoons of flour (or oatmeal), and combine in a kitchen mixer. Add the mix back into the goulash and stew for just a few more minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Thanksgiving Detox Juice:
*4 celery stalks
*2 cups baby spinach
*1 Cup Parsley
*1/2 cup + of water (amount of water can change depending on how thick you want the juice)
If you want to make your juice more potent, add one shot of wheatgrass.
- Thoroughly wash veggies.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Enjoy!
Follow Aleksandra August:
IG: @aleksandraaugust and @flavorofpoland